Week 46: Still in Canton!
There was quite a bit of Becca's letter to me that could have been included in the group email, so I'm posting several excerpts here! Happy reading!
Transfers went fine. We both stayed!! I'm super happy about that. And Sister Hamblin only has two transfers left so it's possible I will be with her next transfer and send her home. :) We'll see! I'm so happy we both got to stay in Canton. I love Canton. I have never been so busy on my mission! It's wonderful!
It's been cold here, but I saw on Vernal's forecast that you have been colder a few times! Wow! It's been pretty okay this week. I like when it's above zero. On Friday we had some wicked wind that about blew us over. Especially if we were walking on sheets of ice, which are everywhere! 😂 I'm so ready for summer. I'm kind of sick of bundling up and lacing up my boots 20 times a day. :)
It's been an interesting week. It's kind of flown by. Last night Sister Hamblin said that "the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days." It's so true. They say that time speeds up the longer you are out. I still have quite a bit of time left, but it's speeding up! "Stop this train..."
The beginning of the week we spent saying some goodbyes and grabbing souvenirs in case either one of us got transferred. We walked a ton and taught a lot of lessons this week! On Tuesday we put L and K both on date for baptism! That's always exciting. L has a goal for March 17 and K agreed to April 6. ... She just needs to stop her coffee. And vaping. They are doing great, though! They both came with us to church yesterday and really enjoyed it!
A, the one that we started on the stop smoking program, is not doing so hot. She gave up the program completely and won't do it right now. Which is frustrating because she was talking all big about it and was excited, but some drama happened in her family (legitimate drama that sent chills down my spine) and smoking is her way to cope. She also hasn't been reading the scriptures or praying, which is actually a huge part of the program.
I hate Satan. He loves to get in everybody's business and screw it all up the best he can. Especially when they are meeting with missionaries. Of course, the good of accepting the gospel can outweigh the bad if they can just get through the little or giant bumps. The Lord's work is certainly a wonder. I stand back and wonder how in the world we are going to accomplish all that we need to, but somehow I know that it will all work out.
Oh, one of our investigators that was in Florida for the holidays came home this week! I've talked to her on the phone a few times, but now I met her in person! She's awesome! She loves the gospel and is starting to share it with her family! That's D. She's great. We hope to get her to baptism soon, and she wants to!
Hey, happy one year since I got my call! And went to the temple! Two of the best things that I have ever done in my life. ❤
Good Morning!
Transfers happened this week, but it didn't change much here. Sister Hamblin and I are staying in Canton for another six weeks!! I'm super excited. It's going to be awesome!
This week has flown by. We have been so busy. We taught a bunch of lessons and walked a thousand miles. Okay, maybe not literally, but sometimes it feels like that. I have grown to love walking though.
Happy Valentine's Day! This Valentine's Day as you are thinking about the friends and family whom you love, don't forget to remember the one who loves you the most. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:13-14) I'm so grateful for our Savior who died for each and every one of us, and who gives us commandments to help us become better people. Everything He does and asks of us is because He loves us.
Have a great week! Love you all!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - the SUN came out! Haven't seen it in a while. :)
Transfers went fine. We both stayed!! I'm super happy about that. And Sister Hamblin only has two transfers left so it's possible I will be with her next transfer and send her home. :) We'll see! I'm so happy we both got to stay in Canton. I love Canton. I have never been so busy on my mission! It's wonderful!
It's been cold here, but I saw on Vernal's forecast that you have been colder a few times! Wow! It's been pretty okay this week. I like when it's above zero. On Friday we had some wicked wind that about blew us over. Especially if we were walking on sheets of ice, which are everywhere! 😂 I'm so ready for summer. I'm kind of sick of bundling up and lacing up my boots 20 times a day. :)
It's been an interesting week. It's kind of flown by. Last night Sister Hamblin said that "the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days." It's so true. They say that time speeds up the longer you are out. I still have quite a bit of time left, but it's speeding up! "Stop this train..."
The beginning of the week we spent saying some goodbyes and grabbing souvenirs in case either one of us got transferred. We walked a ton and taught a lot of lessons this week! On Tuesday we put L and K both on date for baptism! That's always exciting. L has a goal for March 17 and K agreed to April 6. ... She just needs to stop her coffee. And vaping. They are doing great, though! They both came with us to church yesterday and really enjoyed it!
A, the one that we started on the stop smoking program, is not doing so hot. She gave up the program completely and won't do it right now. Which is frustrating because she was talking all big about it and was excited, but some drama happened in her family (legitimate drama that sent chills down my spine) and smoking is her way to cope. She also hasn't been reading the scriptures or praying, which is actually a huge part of the program.
I hate Satan. He loves to get in everybody's business and screw it all up the best he can. Especially when they are meeting with missionaries. Of course, the good of accepting the gospel can outweigh the bad if they can just get through the little or giant bumps. The Lord's work is certainly a wonder. I stand back and wonder how in the world we are going to accomplish all that we need to, but somehow I know that it will all work out.
Oh, one of our investigators that was in Florida for the holidays came home this week! I've talked to her on the phone a few times, but now I met her in person! She's awesome! She loves the gospel and is starting to share it with her family! That's D. She's great. We hope to get her to baptism soon, and she wants to!
Hey, happy one year since I got my call! And went to the temple! Two of the best things that I have ever done in my life. ❤
Here's the group email:
Good Morning!
Transfers happened this week, but it didn't change much here. Sister Hamblin and I are staying in Canton for another six weeks!! I'm super excited. It's going to be awesome!
This week has flown by. We have been so busy. We taught a bunch of lessons and walked a thousand miles. Okay, maybe not literally, but sometimes it feels like that. I have grown to love walking though.
Happy Valentine's Day! This Valentine's Day as you are thinking about the friends and family whom you love, don't forget to remember the one who loves you the most. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:13-14) I'm so grateful for our Savior who died for each and every one of us, and who gives us commandments to help us become better people. Everything He does and asks of us is because He loves us.
Have a great week! Love you all!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - the SUN came out! Haven't seen it in a while. :)


Comments