Week 72: The Adventure Continues

It's too bad that this trio arrangement has been such a challenge for these three, but I guess we don't learn much when things are easy all the time.  I hope they can get some things ironed out.  

Last Saturday, I got to go to a Priesthood Leadership Conference for our area, where those of us attending were taught by D. Todd Christofferson, a man we recognize as an Apostle of Jesus Christ.  I was very surprised to get to shake his hand after the meeting!  It's rare in a church of 16+million people to get to meet one of the Twelve Apostles!  I was excited to tell Becca about it, and that's what she's referencing in the first part of this email.

Hi Mom!!

Sounds like you had an awesome week!!! Especially meeting Elder Christofferson!!! So cool. I guess you don't have the curse that  I do, hahaha. I imagine meeting an Apostle of the Lord is astounding. I imagine that the feelings you had at that meeting are very simaliar to what I felt when we met with Elder Bennett. It's pretty incredible to be so surrounded by the Spirit. 

My week was pretty good! Not super great, but pretty good. I'll probably keep this email a little shorter too. I just don't have the time to write novels like I usually do. 

Monday...My desire for alone time was pretty high this week. :D 

Tuesday was fun! I cut my thumb at Meals on Wheels. Not bad at all, just a fun story to tell! That day was good...

Wednesday we had some pretty good lessons with Eric and Liliana. And that night I gave away a Book of Mormon, specifically one that Grandma Pat sent me with her testimony in the front! That was pretty cool. 

Thursday was just plain weird according to my journal. It was just kind of an odd day. We had a thunder storm that lasted for about two hours - that was cool! We don't often get thunder and lightening for that long. I loved it. 

Sister Sessions knitted me a beanie on Friday! I love it. She says it makes me look like a blueberry and I love it. :D That afternoon we went on exchanges! I dropped off my companions and picked up Sister Black and Sister Belnap! We had a blast. It was so fun to have a stress-free 24 hours. Actually, all our appointments for that night fell through, so that was a bummer. But we had a great visit, especially Sister Black and I. I've been around her her entire mission. Crazy! 

The next morning I took them to the Cornell Store - they were so excited. Then we had a fantastic lesson with Eric. On our drive back to swap companions, we drove through a part of Cornell campus I had never seen before and we found Hogwarts!! Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how much this place looked like Hogwarts!! We immediately pulled over and took pics, so I'll attach them. We also went through dowtown Ithaca that I don't ever get to see. It was so cool. Then I got Sister Sessions and Sister Hunt back and I think they had a fun exchange. Except that as soon as Sister Hunt took a bathroom break, Sister Sessions had to vent a little bit. ...President Vest tried to call me after he read my email, so I will be calling him back today to talk about things. We're having a hard time figuring out why this is all happening. 

...I'm trying so hard to have a positive attitude and charity. I've decided that if I am to play the middleman, I will just try and be the best middleman I can be. I'm looking forward to talking to President today. I hope he can give me some good advice and/or some good perspective. 

Oh, I forgot yesterday. Haha. I spoke in sacrament meeting in the Ithaca Ward. Scary!! How would you like to speak in front of a ton of Cornell students and professors?? They also make incredibly good eye contact. Way too good. It was a very full chapel, but I was happy with my talk. I hope it was okay. I'll have to type it up and send it to you. My companions said I did good, but they could just be saying that. Last night we had a pretty good lesson with Sister Hully. I was the dog tamer the whole time. Kawaii is a little white pomeranian - so cute, but very bite-y - so in an effort to keep the Spirit in the lesson, I entertained her and have little tiny scratches all over my hands, haha. 

I'm so looking forward to talking to you today!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! 
❤❤❤ Sister Fairbanks 







Here's the group email:

Hello!!

This week's email is going to be super short. But it was a great week!! We had a lot of fun this week, including exchanges with the Painted Post sisters. While driving through Cornell campus, we found a residence hall that looks quite a bit like Hogwarts!! Super cool.

This week we had quite a few instances of being in the right place at the right time. I'm grateful that the Lord truly orchestrates our lives and makes things happen that need to happen. Faith is a powerful thing. 

I love you all! 

Sister Fairbanks



Comments

Popular Posts