Week 42: Freezing, Falling, Cleaning, Teaching
I actually have nothing of value to add to this week's blog! Becca's email to me was upbeat, but she admitted that the weather and some human weakness she's discovered in herself (Who knew--right?) have had her gloomy at times, but nothing out of the ordinary for us human types.
Here's the group email:
Good Morning!
It was COLD this week! We got into the negative temperatures and had icicles forming on our eyelashes. But it was still a good week!
Last Monday we purged the apartment of all the junk and clutter. Our mission president has asked us to make our apartments feel like homes where the Spirit can come. Our tiny apartment wasn't in bad shape at all, but held a surprising amount of junk hidden in closets and it was so nice to get rid of it all! We even went through the kitchen cabinets and threw out old food, including a mysterious rotten thing. Bleh. Cleaning makes me happy.
Wednesday was my favorite day this week. We made an impromptu stop to see a lady we are teaching and her granddaughter, Lauren, came in to visit. She is our age and so we had a good conversation with her. She asked us some questions about our missionary work and then said said that she has been looking for a church to start attending but she "just doesn't know which church is right, you know?" That's our cue! So we started into the first lesson about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and she loved it! She said she would definitely be praying about it and said it all made sense. We had another lesson with her later in the week and she's still just as excited about it! Lauren practically invited herself to church and said she would start reading the Book of Mormon on her trip. She's wonderful and I'm so excited to continue teaching her.
That evening Sister Hamblin and I were walking to a couple of appointments. We started a hip bump fight that ended up going crazy. I don't know why I ever think I can succeed at these things, haha. Well I went flying, landed in the snow, and slid on my back a good 10 feet from the sidewalk. We died of laughter! I left a nice skid-mark in the snow. Picture included. ;)
All around it was a good week. We had some great lessons and some great fun. North Country is a crazy place, but I love it.
Hope you have a fantastic week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - all bundled up!
2 - the slide
Here's the group email:
Good Morning!
It was COLD this week! We got into the negative temperatures and had icicles forming on our eyelashes. But it was still a good week!
Last Monday we purged the apartment of all the junk and clutter. Our mission president has asked us to make our apartments feel like homes where the Spirit can come. Our tiny apartment wasn't in bad shape at all, but held a surprising amount of junk hidden in closets and it was so nice to get rid of it all! We even went through the kitchen cabinets and threw out old food, including a mysterious rotten thing. Bleh. Cleaning makes me happy.
Wednesday was my favorite day this week. We made an impromptu stop to see a lady we are teaching and her granddaughter, Lauren, came in to visit. She is our age and so we had a good conversation with her. She asked us some questions about our missionary work and then said said that she has been looking for a church to start attending but she "just doesn't know which church is right, you know?" That's our cue! So we started into the first lesson about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and she loved it! She said she would definitely be praying about it and said it all made sense. We had another lesson with her later in the week and she's still just as excited about it! Lauren practically invited herself to church and said she would start reading the Book of Mormon on her trip. She's wonderful and I'm so excited to continue teaching her.
That evening Sister Hamblin and I were walking to a couple of appointments. We started a hip bump fight that ended up going crazy. I don't know why I ever think I can succeed at these things, haha. Well I went flying, landed in the snow, and slid on my back a good 10 feet from the sidewalk. We died of laughter! I left a nice skid-mark in the snow. Picture included. ;)
All around it was a good week. We had some great lessons and some great fun. North Country is a crazy place, but I love it.
Hope you have a fantastic week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - all bundled up!
2 - the slide


Comments