Week 43: SUPER FREEZE!
So, Sister Fairbanks totally cheated with the group email this week and just cut and pasted two paragraphs out of her email to me... 😂 I usually feel like I really get two emails, but this week the group one was just deja vu! I guess I've been spoiled! She sounded great in the rest of her email to me, though. It sounds like she was able to work through some old hurts that seem to have originated with a former companion, which helped her make a needed attitude adjustment. I'm always so grateful to hear that she is doing well. 💗 She told me, "I'm doing really good this week. I'm happy, staying warm, and just happy. :) I haven't been this happy in a while. I love Canton, I love Sister Hamblin, I love being a missionary." I love her so much. 😘
Here's the group email:
Here's the group email:
Good Morning!
It has been COLD this week!! This morning it is -11, but the "feels like" guage says -33. Sounds about right. Our eyelashes froze plenty of times this week. They even cancelled church yesterday!!! We had major storm warning on Saturday, and by that afternoon we received word from the district (stake) presidency that church was cancelled. A lot of other stakes through the mission were closed as well. We were walking through the storm for part of the day. Someone randomly picked us up and gave us a ride home, though, that was super nice. We woke up on Sunday morning with two feet of snow! It was also very windy and there's usually a sheet of ice under the snow. The roads were horrid. I'm glad we didn't have to drive to Potsdam (30 minutes away) for church. In the morning we went and trudged through the snow -- quite the work out! -- to try and contact a couple of people. Then we decided to scratch the rest of our plans and come dig our neighbors out of our big shared driveway. That took and hour and a half. We didn't do the whole driveway, just by the cars so the plow could get the rest out of the way without burrying us. It was fun to talk to some of our neighbors! Then we had hot chocolate, naps during lunch, and Presidnet Vest let us study for the two hours that we would have been at church. I love studying the scriptures.
We found two new people to teach this week, Ashley and Bruce. Ashley is a young mom and Bruce is a guy that we found in a frat house that we knocked on. (There are two universities in Canton, we have a lot of college students.) I'm super excited about that! I have never had so many opportunites to teach on my mission!! It makes my heart sing! We meet so many amazing people.
Hope you all have a great week! Stay warm!
Sister Fairbanks




Comments