Week 57: New Companion!
Welcome Sister Chinapo! We got to meet her on our video chat with Becca on Monday, and she is a sweetie! I think these girls will do great together. 💕
My week has been a roller coaster. But I'm still in Canton! And I got a new comanion named Sister Chanipo (chin-AHpo.) She's very sweet and a really great missionary. She has no fear of talking to people and is already teaching me a lot. She's originally from Liberia, but lived in the US for three years previous to her mission. She came to the mission one transer after me, so has been out for a year now.
It was one of the hardest things I have ever done to say goodbye to Sister Hamblin. I cried myself to sleep two nights in a row and was pretty near tears for three days straight... But all things considered, I'm doing okay. She emailed me this morning so I'm super excited to talk to her and tell her everything that has happened this week.
Madison was baptized on Tuesday night!!!!!! It was a wonderful night! Sister Hamblin and I were so happy. Madison was excited too. We stood on the side of the font to give her the towel when she was done. I knew I would feel the Spirit, but it caught me a little off guard with how strongly He was there testifying to my heart that what Madison has chosen to do it so right. That night I felt similar to when I have been to the temple (which I haven't done in over a year.) It was amazing, and what a wonderful way for Sis Ham to finish her mission. Madison was confirmed yesterday and told us that she has felt lighter and happier than she ever has. I'm so amazed at the growth that I have seen in Madison. All that day I was thinking of the words from Nashville Tribute Band's song "Hardest Thing I Ever Loved to Do" which said something like "the sweetest sound I ever loved to hear was the sound of running water in the church, as the one I'd come to love got dressed in white, my eyes saw their first glimpse of heaven's light." ❤❤❤❤❤
Wednesday was transfers, which was emotionally and physically exhausting. We drove three hours down to Utica. I unloaded Sis Ham and her luggage at the mission home. (I got to see Sister Larsen!!! It's been six months since we've seen each other! She goes home in six weeks. So that was tons of fun.) I hugged Sis Ham and I really really didn't want to let go. Then I loaded Sister Chanipo and her luggage into the car and we stopped at the mission office for a minute. (There I got to see two of my sisters from the MTC!!! I haven't seen them since we got to New York! That was awesome too.) Then we headed home. We spent the three hours getting to know each other a bit and enjoying the beautiful scenery. It was pretty rainy all day and I was so tired from being in the car for so long. We got back to Canton around 2 and still had the full day ahead of us. So that day was exhausting.
...1 - a member ran out from the flower shop where she works and brought us each a carnation. She said, "Mother's Day is next week and I know you are far from home and I just wanted you to have these," and then she ran back inside. It was a little tender mercy for me and made me think of you. ❤
And here's the group email!
Good Morning!
This might have been the craziest week I have ever had on my mission! But it's been great.
Madison was baptized on Tuesday!! We have been teaching Madison for quite a while and she is an amazing young women. She is a college student here in Canton and has a strong testimony of the gospel. She has wanted to be baptized for a while, but faced some opposition from both of her parents. She originally wanted at least her mom to come to her baptism, but she kept saying no. After coming to General Conference with some questions, and receiving answers, she decided that it was right to be baptized anyway. There were quite a few hitches in the journey, but Madison was baptized Tuesday night and it was a wonderful, wonderful day. She was so excited and we are so proud of her. Her faith in Christ is amazing and will take her far. That was also Sister Hamblin's last night in Canton.
After nineteen awesome weeks together, I took Sister Hamblin to Utica and sent her home. It was really hard to say goodbye after finding a sister here on the mission. But that's how life (especially a missionary life) goes. She was excited to be going home and I'm excited for her.
So I picked up my new companion, Sister Chanipo! (chin-AHpo) We came back up here to Canton and the Lord's work continues on! Sister Chanipo is an awesome missionary and I'm excited for our time together. She is originally from Liberia, but lived in Florida for three years previous to her mission. She has AMAZING faith and is going to do great things for the people in this area.
Hope you all have a good week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - Madison's baptism
2 - love you, Sis Ham
My week has been a roller coaster. But I'm still in Canton! And I got a new comanion named Sister Chanipo (chin-AHpo.) She's very sweet and a really great missionary. She has no fear of talking to people and is already teaching me a lot. She's originally from Liberia, but lived in the US for three years previous to her mission. She came to the mission one transer after me, so has been out for a year now.
It was one of the hardest things I have ever done to say goodbye to Sister Hamblin. I cried myself to sleep two nights in a row and was pretty near tears for three days straight... But all things considered, I'm doing okay. She emailed me this morning so I'm super excited to talk to her and tell her everything that has happened this week.
Madison was baptized on Tuesday night!!!!!! It was a wonderful night! Sister Hamblin and I were so happy. Madison was excited too. We stood on the side of the font to give her the towel when she was done. I knew I would feel the Spirit, but it caught me a little off guard with how strongly He was there testifying to my heart that what Madison has chosen to do it so right. That night I felt similar to when I have been to the temple (which I haven't done in over a year.) It was amazing, and what a wonderful way for Sis Ham to finish her mission. Madison was confirmed yesterday and told us that she has felt lighter and happier than she ever has. I'm so amazed at the growth that I have seen in Madison. All that day I was thinking of the words from Nashville Tribute Band's song "Hardest Thing I Ever Loved to Do" which said something like "the sweetest sound I ever loved to hear was the sound of running water in the church, as the one I'd come to love got dressed in white, my eyes saw their first glimpse of heaven's light." ❤❤❤❤❤
Wednesday was transfers, which was emotionally and physically exhausting. We drove three hours down to Utica. I unloaded Sis Ham and her luggage at the mission home. (I got to see Sister Larsen!!! It's been six months since we've seen each other! She goes home in six weeks. So that was tons of fun.) I hugged Sis Ham and I really really didn't want to let go. Then I loaded Sister Chanipo and her luggage into the car and we stopped at the mission office for a minute. (There I got to see two of my sisters from the MTC!!! I haven't seen them since we got to New York! That was awesome too.) Then we headed home. We spent the three hours getting to know each other a bit and enjoying the beautiful scenery. It was pretty rainy all day and I was so tired from being in the car for so long. We got back to Canton around 2 and still had the full day ahead of us. So that day was exhausting.
...1 - a member ran out from the flower shop where she works and brought us each a carnation. She said, "Mother's Day is next week and I know you are far from home and I just wanted you to have these," and then she ran back inside. It was a little tender mercy for me and made me think of you. ❤
And here's the group email!
Good Morning!
This might have been the craziest week I have ever had on my mission! But it's been great.
Madison was baptized on Tuesday!! We have been teaching Madison for quite a while and she is an amazing young women. She is a college student here in Canton and has a strong testimony of the gospel. She has wanted to be baptized for a while, but faced some opposition from both of her parents. She originally wanted at least her mom to come to her baptism, but she kept saying no. After coming to General Conference with some questions, and receiving answers, she decided that it was right to be baptized anyway. There were quite a few hitches in the journey, but Madison was baptized Tuesday night and it was a wonderful, wonderful day. She was so excited and we are so proud of her. Her faith in Christ is amazing and will take her far. That was also Sister Hamblin's last night in Canton.
After nineteen awesome weeks together, I took Sister Hamblin to Utica and sent her home. It was really hard to say goodbye after finding a sister here on the mission. But that's how life (especially a missionary life) goes. She was excited to be going home and I'm excited for her.
So I picked up my new companion, Sister Chanipo! (chin-AHpo) We came back up here to Canton and the Lord's work continues on! Sister Chanipo is an awesome missionary and I'm excited for our time together. She is originally from Liberia, but lived in Florida for three years previous to her mission. She has AMAZING faith and is going to do great things for the people in this area.
Hope you all have a good week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - Madison's baptism
2 - love you, Sis Ham




Comments