The Big 30!

That's right, this time it's MY birthday! Leaving my twenties behind and loving every minute of it. Really, it wasn't my best decade. Yeah, yeah, I know - I married Ryan and had Becca during the last decade, and I don't regret any of that for a second. I'm just saying that we went through a lot of crap in the last ten years together. Post-partum depression, financial woes, legal trouble...and lots of other learning experiences that I wouldn't want to repeat. I know we learned a lot and our trials have helped us become the people we are now, but I'm so glad that those particular trials are behind us.
I also know that we could go through even tougher stuff in the future, but things are going so well right now that I am determined to enjoy it and worry about things only as they occur and not beforehand. At least we have learned that we can make it through anything if we stick together and stay on our knees. We are at a place now where we are finally making our own plans for the future and dreaming our own dreams, instead of just reacting to things going on around us. It's nice to be able to breathe. 2008 has been great so far, and I am hoping it will continue to be just as wonderful for the rest of the year and beyond. (By the way, thanks to my sweet other mom for your note last night - made me cry!)
On a different subject, I have heard rumors that some who have been featured in my blog are less than thrilled with the pictures of them that I have posted. To them I say:
(Yes, I'm a cat lover, in case you hadn't noticed) I could have posted worse pics, you know. I consider myself a benevolent dictator. I rule my little piece of the blogosphere with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek - that is, when it is not being stuck right out at somebody.
Well, off I go to soak in my tub for as long as I want, ignoring the dishes and laundry and anything else that I don't wanna do today. I may even add bubbles to my bath...
And to those who say I should post an embarrassing pic of myself for my birthday, this is the best I could do:
Well, off I go to soak in my tub for as long as I want, ignoring the dishes and laundry and anything else that I don't wanna do today. I may even add bubbles to my bath...
And to those who say I should post an embarrassing pic of myself for my birthday, this is the best I could do:


Comments