Much ado about various things...
First of all, a belated Happy Birthday to my cutie-pie sister-in-law, Sarah. I was going to blog about her on Saturday, her birthday, but I learned that I don't have any good pictures of her on my computer. I'll have to raid Mom's collection next time.
Second, we did get an official diagnosis for Brad's ailment. Turns out it was viral meningitis. He's been doing very well, but the numbness and headache came back last night, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your prayers and well-wishes.
Third, I'm going to Orem today to see "She Loves Me" with Brian for our birthdays. Yay! Thanks for the tip, Holly!
Fourth, check out my new necklace tree.
Fifth, these weird buzzard-looking birds have taken up residence in our neighborhood, at least temporarily. It was like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie the first time we saw around 40 of them
floating on the wind outside. They just seemed to hover in one area forever. It was so weird.
Sixth, we had our first soccer game last night with our new team and nearly FROZE TO DEATH. It's way too early in the springtime to have games at 7 p.m., in the wind, but we've got a good little team and they are fun to work with. I'm looking forward to the next couple of months.
Seventh, I am finally posting some before and after pics of the rental property we finally sold last week. I don't know that the pics do it justice, but we put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the project, so we're very glad to see that it finally paid off. And, lest you think I spent all our profits on new furniture, rest assured that the vast majority of the funds went to pay off all our debts except our mortgage. We've started an emergency fund for the future, and now we can actually afford to save money for everything else (vacations, retirement, college, medical, etc.) ! If you want to know what program we have been using to make our budget decisions lately, check out my link to Dave Ramsey's site in the left column of my blog. Good stuff. I'll be happy to recommend more specifics to anyone who wants more info. Here are the pics:














And lastly, but not leastly, a big "neener-neener" to Ryan. Becca and I got him good on April Fool's Day with the old rubber-band-around-the-faucet-sprayer trick. This could be the beginning of something very bad...
Second, we did get an official diagnosis for Brad's ailment. Turns out it was viral meningitis. He's been doing very well, but the numbness and headache came back last night, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your prayers and well-wishes.
Third, I'm going to Orem today to see "She Loves Me" with Brian for our birthdays. Yay! Thanks for the tip, Holly!
Fourth, check out my new necklace tree.
Fifth, these weird buzzard-looking birds have taken up residence in our neighborhood, at least temporarily. It was like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie the first time we saw around 40 of them

Sixth, we had our first soccer game last night with our new team and nearly FROZE TO DEATH. It's way too early in the springtime to have games at 7 p.m., in the wind, but we've got a good little team and they are fun to work with. I'm looking forward to the next couple of months.
Seventh, I am finally posting some before and after pics of the rental property we finally sold last week. I don't know that the pics do it justice, but we put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the project, so we're very glad to see that it finally paid off. And, lest you think I spent all our profits on new furniture, rest assured that the vast majority of the funds went to pay off all our debts except our mortgage. We've started an emergency fund for the future, and now we can actually afford to save money for everything else (vacations, retirement, college, medical, etc.) ! If you want to know what program we have been using to make our budget decisions lately, check out my link to Dave Ramsey's site in the left column of my blog. Good stuff. I'll be happy to recommend more specifics to anyone who wants more info. Here are the pics:

And lastly, but not leastly, a big "neener-neener" to Ryan. Becca and I got him good on April Fool's Day with the old rubber-band-around-the-faucet-sprayer trick. This could be the beginning of something very bad...
Comments
RY