First Giggles!
Becca had Rissa in her room yesterday and was holding her and singing to her and dancing around. Then Bec coughed (no serious reason, just coughed), and Rissa giggled! A real, honest-to-goodness giggle! So, Becca brought her in the bathroom where I was in the tub and coughed again on purpose, and she did it again! Half-a-dozen times! So stinkin' cute.
So now, of course, we are all making complete fools of ourselves trying to get her to do it again. For a while it sounded like we must have the plague, all of us breaking into spontaneous coughing fits when we looked at the baby. I think she's probably wondering why we are being twice as silly as usual. She's not falling for the cough thing anymore. That's old news. We just get sympathy smiles from her now. She did, however, enjoy my "dee dee dee" version of La Cucaracha earlier. Didn't get the full giggle though, just a teaser.
I got Becca laughing pretty good yesterday, though. After she gave the baby to Ryan when he got home, I called her into the bathroom (I was taking a late bath) and asked her in a very disciplinary tone, "What is that?", pointing in the corner by the shampoo bottles.
My little smart-alec said, "Shampoo."
I said, "I think you'd better look closer."
So, thinking she was in trouble for something, she leaned way over to see what I was talking about - that's when I pulled her down into the tub with me! Couldn't let April Fool's go by without doing anything at all. Don't worry, she got me back by putting an elastic around the sprayer by the sink. (I still win, though!)
Comments