Hospital Run
Well, it happened ten years ago with Becca, so I guess it wasn't too big of a surprise. I have had Braxton-Hicks contractions since about four months along (normal for me), but last night they got pretty hard and close and wouldn't go away. So, we left Bec with my Mom and trotted on over to the hospital. Dr. B. happened to be there, and was pretty surprised to see us. He didn't hang around, but said he would come back if he had to. I told him it was no sweat, and I was sure it was nothing.
So, they made me put on a lovely little hospital gown and hooked me up to the monitors for an hour or so. Then they told me my UA showed that I was waaaay dehydrated, and brought me a hospital mug full of water. After they checked me out, they said it didn't look like I was dilating at all, so they gave me a huge ol' Motrin to relax my muscles and told me to drink a ton and go home. No big surprises.
I still had several pretty good contractions after we got home, but they slowed way down after a warm bath. I even got some sleep last night. I think Ry was pretty stressed about it. He's such a sweetie. Poor Becca was so scared when we left, asking "What if they can't stop them?" and "Could you die during childbirth?" Sweet thing. She was so glad when we got home at about 9:30.
The nurse said the baby looks excellent on the monitors, so that was good to know. That was my biggest concern. But all in all, about as uneventful as a trip to the hospital could be. Thank goodness. Just one of those better-safe-than-sorry trips.
Comments
Glad you are okay and the little one was just practicing....
Hang in there-it's almost over...well, sorta :)
Love ya!
San