Week 2: Still in the MTC (&pics)
Sounds like Sister Fairbanks is having a great experience at the MTC! The first two pics below are the pics Becca sent in her personal email to me. Of the duck picture, Becca says, "This is Ducky. He swims over to us because we like to talk to him. Sometimes he brings a date. :) "
HI!!!
HI!!!
First of all, sorry I sent two emails last week with picture links and things. I'm still trying to figure this all out. :)
Week two has been incredible!! I love it here. Last Sunday for our devotional we had BYU Vocal Point come. They sang beautiful Easter hymns. After devotional on Sundays we are allowed to go watch Sunday films. We watched "The Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. Life. Changing. He was very blunt with the missionaries and our purpose, but it was so empowering. Tuesdays we also have devotionals and last week's was Elder Sabin from the Quorum of the Seventy. It was really nice. Wednesday I woke up super sick, but through the miracle of prayer I was able to get out and work hard. We teach investigators about four times during the week and I was so glad that we didn't have to cancel because I was sick. We're learning how to be better teachers and how to listen to the Spirit more. It's wonderful!
THE BEST part of my week was on Friday and Saturday. It rained all day! I love the rain SO much! It made everyone else feel kind of gloomy, but rain cheers me up. :D
This Sunday we were able to have sacrament meeting and it was really nice. Sister Swallow and I were called as Sister Training Leaders! That means that we watch over the sister in our zone, which is just the five of us. I really really love the sisters I serve with. They are all so kind and fun to be around. We spend our evenings having great discussions and have so many little inside jokes! They are truly incredible people! The four Elders in out district are really wonderful too. They understand the importance of their calling and don't take this MTC experience for granted. Some things have happened in the last few days that have really shown us how much charity they each posses.
For Sunday devotional we had a Christian group do an oratorio called "Lamb of God." It was incredible! Wonderful music, beautiful message. I absolutely loved it. After the devotional we went to another Sunday film called "Missions are Forever" by Elder Holland. WOW. So, so good. It made me want to be a better person and the best missionary I can be "every day in every way."
This morning Sister Swallow and I went to the temple. I love the temple! We had a really good time. I'm loving my time here. I love the Lord's work. I love my Savior.
Have a super week! I love you all!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - the view from our classroom
2 - cliche map picture ;) New York!!
3 - at the temple this morning


Comments