Week 18: Sundaes and Sundays
A tidbit from her letter to me--Missionaries are held to an exacting standard of obedience, which is why it was hard for Becca and the other missionaries this week to find out in a zone conference that at least 3 missionaries would be going home. It's hard to hear that there are those who are did not come on their missions for the right reasons, or they forgot why they were there, so they don't live up to their commitment to live in a manner that represents Christ well. It's a reminder that these young men and women are still human and still growing themselves. Knowing that the missionaries who have been a distraction and a poor influence will be removed from the mission ought to be a relief, though. I'm glad Becca and her companion are both striving to be exactly obedient. It will bless them both, and it will bless those whom they teach and serve.
Good Morning!
It's been another beautiful week here in New York. We started out the week properly with burgers and sundaes at Nicky Doodles and they were delicious. The sundaes were huge! I made mine last about three days, haha.
I met this awesome woman named Nicole. We taught her about the Restoration of Christ's church and how we got the Book of Mormon. She was so intrigued and asked us when she could come to church with us. A couple of nights later we met with her again and she even called her boss to see if she worked on Sunday. She did have to work this week but she got sassy and said "Well I'm going to have a talk with him because I want to come to church!" Haha, she awesome!
This week I am super grateful for Sister Larsen. Her bright light and energy have been lifting me up even when I didn't know I needed lifted. We've connected really well and have a lot of fun together. She's an angel!
My favorite part of this week was zone conference. It was pretty intense this time, but at the end of it I felt an overwhelming sense of unity among the missionaries and with the Lord. Nothing creates a stronger bond than serving the Lord with all our souls and being obedient together. Wow. It was amazing. I'm so grateful to be a missionary.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - Nicky Doodles! I really, really love food!



Comments