Week 19: Another week, another miracle
Side story: I've been shopping for a "new" car ever since Becca left. I backed off searching weeks ago, though, because I couldn't find the right deal--a reliable car for the cash we had (NO DEBT!). But I found just exactly the right deal this week! And then I found out Becca had prayed about it! You might think that's just a coincidence, but I don't. 😊 I knew the right deal would come along sooner or later, but to find out it came just when one of the Lord's missionaries thought to pray about it? Pretty cool, I think.
From her letter to me:
From her letter to me:
This week was pretty good ... It went fast, which is always nice. We picked up a couple new investigators for my first time! That was exciting. Then on Saturday we taught the Restoration to this awesome guy named Chris. He said he got chills from Joseph Smith's story and he had read the whole Book of Mormon before we got there! He's amazing! We invited him to church, but he's pretty involved in his church. He said he would get a substitute one week so he could come, then he surprised us yesterday and arrived after sacrament meeting! It was my first time seeing an investigator step foot in the chapel!! I can't even describe how amazing that felt! He could only stay for a quick church tour, but he mentioned quietly at some point that he wasn't getting anything out of his church anymore so he was thinking about giving this one a try. I committed him to pray about the Book of Mormon on Saturday (that was a cool moment, definitely had the Spirit speaking, not just me) and he told us that he was still working on it. So pray for Chris! He's incredible. Sister Larsen even had the thought the other day that maybe he's getting some help from the other side. His wife was killed in a drunk-driving accident a few years ago. Sister Larsen wondered if she's pushing him from the other side so they can be sealed. How incredible would that be?! Wow. I love this gospel.
...LOVE THE CAR! I actually remembered once this week to pray for you to find a car. And I guess you did!
And here's the group email:
Hello!!
Is it really already Monday?! This hyper-fast week has been a week of miracles! I don't have time to write about it all, but it suffices to say that the Lord looks out for His children. We had a couple of incredible lessons this week and had one awesome guy come to the church on Sunday! His name is Chris, and he read the Book of Mormon in five days flat. He loves God and he's so open and kind. He didn't let us leave his house without water and snacks. :)
Other then that it's been normal missionary stuff. Wearing holes in my shoes, knocking on doors, being terrified of dogs, soaking up the scriptures, praying more than I ever have before, and the normal shenanigans with Sister Larsen, haha! We have way too much fun sometimes. This week we saw a fox, had a member come tracting with us, got a jar of pure, fresh maple syrup, I learned how to knit, played on a park, and we gave out so many Book of Mormons that we're almost out! It's been a great week!
Part of one of our miracles took place when one of our investigators found this scripture. It's 2 Nephi 26:23-24 "For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness. He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation." It's one of my favorites because it shows that our Heavenly Father loves each of His children SO MUCH! It's wonderful!
Love you all!
Sister Fairbanks

Comments