Week 39: Merry Christmas Eve!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!  WE GET TO TALK TO HER TOMORROW!!!  It's really strange, because it isn't really sinking in that tomorrow is Christmas, and we get to hear from our beautiful girl. πŸ’•  I'm excited, though!  I don't have anything else of value to say, and I have a lot to get done today, so here's an excerpt from her letter to me:

This week has been super strange, but really good! Since transfers were two days early it's felt like a really long week, and we didn't get much of a p-day last week. So today is going to be a much-needed break. We've been having a lot of fun! Sister Hamblin is hilarious! She's from ___, Utah and is number nine of eleven children. She says I'm an only child. πŸ˜‚ She's four inches shorter than me but a heck of a lot stronger than me. She figured out that she can pick me up, push me over, and scare me, so she does that frequently. πŸ˜‚ She's like the big sister I never had. We have a lot of fun together. And she is a really good teacher. We have quite a few people we are teaching here. 

Oh, Canton. They call it North Country up here. And there is nothing quite like it. It's a different culture up here. People are so strange. πŸ˜‚ But it feels safer than downtown Oneida, and so many things are within walking distance. It has the cutest little downtown. Main Street in lined with little shops and I love it. We have the Grasse River right behind our apartment. We live in a tiny little duplex on the bottom floor. And when I first arrived we had a MOUSE in the celing in the bedroom!! ICK!! I could hear it running across the ceiling tiles right above my head all night. I didn't hardly sleep at all the first three days. Blech. But we had the maintenance people come throw some poison stuff in the ceiling and we haven't heard it since. 

I thought I would be a little sad and depressed because I was in Oneida for so long and loved it so much. But it has been a mostly seamless transition. I think that's a blessing of peace from Heavenly Father. I settled in fairly quickly and have accepted this as my new home. The branch members are great and love the missionaries. It's a huge branch, they were actually a ward before. Now they are the same size, just a different name because they live in a district, not a stake. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the people at church on Sunday, hehe. And Sister Hamblin has been great. 

And here's the group email:

Good Morning! And Merry Christmas Eve! 

It has been a very long but very good week for me! I already love Canton and Sister Hamblin! We've been having a lot of fun together and we've already seen miracles. North Country is a different world, and I think I'm going to be chilled to the bone until July, haha. 

Actually, the strangest thing happened! On Friday it was 55°! We pulled out light rain jackets back out and enjoyed some warmth. It was actually really weird to be outside without 14 layers on. Don't worry, the cold returned the next day, haha. 

We went caroling at a nursing home with the branch members on Tuesday night. That was a lot of fun. On Sunday we had our Christmas service, which was nice. 

I absolutely love the Christmas season. It's so fun to spend so much time thinking about, talking about, and singing about our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Him and all that he's done for me and those I love. Don't forget to keep Christ in Christmas and spread His love to those around you. 

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! 
Sister Fairbanks 

1 - Merry Christmas!
2 - Friday

3 - Saturday 







Comments

Popular Posts