Week 37: Winter is magical!
More ups and downs. Such is life!
From Becca's email to me:
Another honest truth: the work has been really hard lately. The people we have been working with have slowly stopped progressing and we haven't found anyone new to teach in a while. Chris has all but stopped talking to us, one will probably never get married to his fiance that is living in the same house (they are both on disability and if they marry they lose one source of income,) and one of the people with multiple personalities sent a novel of an explanation that she doesn't need scriptures or Jesus or anything. We teach another lady with multiple personalities, too, but she has been a milder case. That's three people on my mission I have taught with multiple personalities. Sister Di Iulio thinks that maybe I have multiple personalities now. π Anyway, it's just been an interesting time. I grow to love these people and I'm growing to know how important the gospel is for their lives. And I just want them to have it!! *sigh* It's crazy.
She'd had a pretty rosy last few months, so I figured it was about time for a new challenge π. Plus, preaching the gospel has never been an easy thing. It's hard to see people reject what we believe is the most important information they will ever receive, but even among people who had personal contact with Jesus during His mortal ministry, there were plenty who refused to hear or understand his message of love. We testify that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light! Learn more about Him this Christmas at LightTheWorld.org. π
Here is the group email:
Hello all!
This week has been interesting. Sometimes things don't always go as planned. And sometimes you don't have time to write about it on Pday, haha. So this email will be short, but here's a run down of my good week. :)
We had interviews with the mission president in Utica and we found our names on the mission Christmas tree! That night, or next morning rather, at 1:30 am we got a call from someone we were going to teach but lost contact with. Miracle! We got to spend some good time with members this week. I really, really love the people in this branch. They are amazing. On Saturday, we were invited by a friend to attend a live nativity at a church. It was the cutest little pageant and they even had a live donkey and sheep! It was fun!
I love the Christmas season and I love our Savior! I hope you all have a great week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - mission tree
2 - snowing
3 - Sister Di Iulio discovered that ponds and creeks really do freeze over in the winter, haha. She even threw ice chunks at it to see if it was really frozen. Winter is magical.
From Becca's email to me:
Another honest truth: the work has been really hard lately. The people we have been working with have slowly stopped progressing and we haven't found anyone new to teach in a while. Chris has all but stopped talking to us, one will probably never get married to his fiance that is living in the same house (they are both on disability and if they marry they lose one source of income,) and one of the people with multiple personalities sent a novel of an explanation that she doesn't need scriptures or Jesus or anything. We teach another lady with multiple personalities, too, but she has been a milder case. That's three people on my mission I have taught with multiple personalities. Sister Di Iulio thinks that maybe I have multiple personalities now. π Anyway, it's just been an interesting time. I grow to love these people and I'm growing to know how important the gospel is for their lives. And I just want them to have it!! *sigh* It's crazy.
She'd had a pretty rosy last few months, so I figured it was about time for a new challenge π. Plus, preaching the gospel has never been an easy thing. It's hard to see people reject what we believe is the most important information they will ever receive, but even among people who had personal contact with Jesus during His mortal ministry, there were plenty who refused to hear or understand his message of love. We testify that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light! Learn more about Him this Christmas at LightTheWorld.org. π
Here is the group email:
Hello all!
This week has been interesting. Sometimes things don't always go as planned. And sometimes you don't have time to write about it on Pday, haha. So this email will be short, but here's a run down of my good week. :)
We had interviews with the mission president in Utica and we found our names on the mission Christmas tree! That night, or next morning rather, at 1:30 am we got a call from someone we were going to teach but lost contact with. Miracle! We got to spend some good time with members this week. I really, really love the people in this branch. They are amazing. On Saturday, we were invited by a friend to attend a live nativity at a church. It was the cutest little pageant and they even had a live donkey and sheep! It was fun!
I love the Christmas season and I love our Savior! I hope you all have a great week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - mission tree
2 - snowing
3 - Sister Di Iulio discovered that ponds and creeks really do freeze over in the winter, haha. She even threw ice chunks at it to see if it was really frozen. Winter is magical.



Comments