Week 36: Light the World!
Her email to me was short and sweet. They're having fun and working hard! Here are a couple of extra pics:
Good Morning!
Can you believe it's December?! I can't, but I'm excited for the holidays! Last Monday we even put up the Christmas tree we found in the closet. It's pretty good for a missionary tree. ;) We broke out the Christmas music and have been enjoying the anticipation of Christmas. As missionaries we get to go around and share with everyone this year's Light the World program. It's been wonderful! The videos that the Church made for this year are very inspiring and I love showing them to people. If you haven't seen them yet you can go to LighttheWorld.org and watch. They are amazing.
This week I also finished the Book of Mormon! It's my second time as a missionary reading it all the way through. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon! It brings my life so much peace and I love sharing it with others. So I started it again!
This week we had exchanges with the sister training leaders and I went to New Hartford with Sister Boulton. We had a lot of fun! She's a wonderfup missionary and I enjoy learning from her gentle example.
On Saturday, for the Worldwide Day of Service, we were able to volunteer at a huge craft fair! We met the awesome director of the fair, Janet, and she had us go around to the vendors and take food orders for lunch and then deliver their food to them so they didn't have to leave their booths. It was a riot! The holiday season really starts when there is a big craft fair, and it was so much fun to interact with all the vendors and crew we were working with. When we were done one of the guys we had been working with bought us lunch as a thank you. We had a blast!
Have a good week! Don't forget to spread the light of Christ everywhere you go! Love ya!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - craft fair with Janet!
2 - Light the World!




Comments