Week 75: Still in Ithaca!
Well, Sister Fairbanks and Sister Hunt stayed in Ithaca! I know Becca will miss Sister Sessions terribly, but being one-on-one with Sister Hunt should be okay--especially since the tension between Sessions and Hunt will not be present any longer. This arrangement will have it's own challenges, but hopefully nothing that will mar her efforts to make the most of her last 6 weeks in the mission. 38 days, actually... 😁😁😁
Hi Mom!!!
Happy P-day! I'm excited to talk to you today! Yep, transfers happened and it changed us. I'm tempted to make you wait till I call, but then my stories for this week wouldn't make sense, haha. So! Sister Sessions was taken away to another area. It was kinda rough saying goodbye to her. And Sister Hunt stayed here with me.
So Tuesday was crazy! That's the day we got transfer calls and Sister Sessions packed everything. That day we were also able to see Harold and Melissa!! We haven't seen them in about a month and we missed them so much! They are still reading the Book of Mormon and want to keep learning. We also got to take pictures with them since they were saying goodbye to Sister Sessions... That night we had dessert with Jim and Judy... [W]e had a good talk that night. Sister Sessions and I also got to have a really good talk alone.
Wednesday morning we dropped off Sister Sessions at the Ithaca building so that the Nielsens could take her and the other sister from the other trio up to Utica. Sister Sessions and I hugged a lot, which is pretty cool for Sister Sessions who doesn't like hugs and love and all that gushy stuff. ;) Then it was a pretty normal day for Sister Hunt and [me]. Sister Hunt is really excited to have it just be the two of us.
Thursday I started "My Plan" for returning missionaries................ Nothing makes it start to sink in quite like that did. But it was really good. I think I'll enjoy the process of reviewing my mission and making plans for the future. I'm just going to get a little more sad every week too. That night we started teaching a little girl named Madison and she's amazing. :D
Friday was awesome. We helped the Nielsens with Friday Forum at Cornell. The Institute puts on a free lunch and an open forum for anyone on campus to come join us. We loaded their car with the food, then took it in Annabelle Taylor Hall and set it out. We got to eat and it was super yummy. It was fun to visit with some of the students from the branch, too. I also got to play the grand piano in this giant, beautiful hall when we were done cleaning up. *dreamy* That night we had an incredible dinner appointment with the Zirkles. I'll have to tell you about that over the phone. At the end, Brother Zirkle said the closing prayer and asked a special blessing on us (although it felt very directed to me) that we would receive revelation and be guiding for the future. I had told them I had no idea what I was going to do when I get home. It was a touching prayer and I teared up a little. It meant a lot to me.
Saturday was mostly uneventful, except for the lesson we had that evening. We were teaching a girl named Sarah. Craziest thing. We met her a couple weeks ago when we knocked on her door looking for someone else. We gave her a pamphlet and went on our way. Then she went online and requested a Book of Mormon. Our minds were blown when we went to deliver the Book to someone we had already met! So we taught her the restoration and it went REALLY well. Then when we tried to set up a return appointment she said, "Maybe in a month?" Oh. That's a really long time. Anyway, she said she would keep reading the Book of Mormon, so we will pray for her in the meantime.
Yesterday was pretty great. Okay, except for ward council. Remind me to tell you about that on the call, too. But the other meetings were really good. Liliana came to church!!! We didn't get to talk to her very much because of ward council stuff. We had a pretty awesome lesson with her on Friday. She's doing amazing. We also did a member visit to the Nielsens that evening. We adapted it a little because they are also full-time missionaries, but we taught the restoration and the Spirit was so strong. It even leaked out my eyes a little. I'm getting more weepy...
So not a bad week at all. :D I sure love you!!!! I can't wait to talk to you later. Even though we get to do it every week now, I still get super excited.
I LOVE YOU!!!!
❤❤❤❤❤ Sister Fairbanks
(I have a couple more pics on Sister Hunt's phone that I'll send later.)
P.S. OH MY GOSH I forgot to tell you that ELDER CHRISTOFFERSON IS COMING THIS SATURDAY!!!! We get to have a missionary meeting with him and I am just a LITTLE EXCITED!!!!!!!!
Here's the group email:
Good Morning!!
Welcome to the final transfer of my mission! Absolutely bonkers. I can't believe this is the last one. But I'm not done yet! I still have a solid six weeks to go and I am so excited.
Transfers happened and dear Sister Sessions left us for another area and a new companion. It was hard to say goodbye to her, but that's how it goes. Sister Hunt and I are here to stay in Ithaca to keep working with these amazing people. I'm so excited to be in Ithaca for my final area.
This week I had a few special experiences with the Spirit. I think He was sent to remind me that this is all true, that Heavenly Father is aware of all of His children, including me, and that this life is wonderful.
We got to see Harold and Melissa again this week! It has been a while since we've seen them and I just love them. They are still doing so well and we're excited that they continue to love the Book of Mormon. We also got to start teaching an little girl named Madison and college student named Sarah. Meeting both of them happened through some cool miracles and I'm so grateful for each of them.
I got a little teary-eyed as we taught the restoration to the senior couple last night. That doesn't hardly ever happen, but the Spirit was just so full that it leaked out my eyes a bit. I know this is true. I KNOW the gospel is true, that our Heavenly Father is aware of us, and that He is here to guide us through our journey back to Him.
Have a fantastic week!
Sister Fairbanks
Hi Mom!!!
Happy P-day! I'm excited to talk to you today! Yep, transfers happened and it changed us. I'm tempted to make you wait till I call, but then my stories for this week wouldn't make sense, haha. So! Sister Sessions was taken away to another area. It was kinda rough saying goodbye to her. And Sister Hunt stayed here with me.
So Tuesday was crazy! That's the day we got transfer calls and Sister Sessions packed everything. That day we were also able to see Harold and Melissa!! We haven't seen them in about a month and we missed them so much! They are still reading the Book of Mormon and want to keep learning. We also got to take pictures with them since they were saying goodbye to Sister Sessions... That night we had dessert with Jim and Judy... [W]e had a good talk that night. Sister Sessions and I also got to have a really good talk alone.
Wednesday morning we dropped off Sister Sessions at the Ithaca building so that the Nielsens could take her and the other sister from the other trio up to Utica. Sister Sessions and I hugged a lot, which is pretty cool for Sister Sessions who doesn't like hugs and love and all that gushy stuff. ;) Then it was a pretty normal day for Sister Hunt and [me]. Sister Hunt is really excited to have it just be the two of us.
Thursday I started "My Plan" for returning missionaries................ Nothing makes it start to sink in quite like that did. But it was really good. I think I'll enjoy the process of reviewing my mission and making plans for the future. I'm just going to get a little more sad every week too. That night we started teaching a little girl named Madison and she's amazing. :D
Friday was awesome. We helped the Nielsens with Friday Forum at Cornell. The Institute puts on a free lunch and an open forum for anyone on campus to come join us. We loaded their car with the food, then took it in Annabelle Taylor Hall and set it out. We got to eat and it was super yummy. It was fun to visit with some of the students from the branch, too. I also got to play the grand piano in this giant, beautiful hall when we were done cleaning up. *dreamy* That night we had an incredible dinner appointment with the Zirkles. I'll have to tell you about that over the phone. At the end, Brother Zirkle said the closing prayer and asked a special blessing on us (although it felt very directed to me) that we would receive revelation and be guiding for the future. I had told them I had no idea what I was going to do when I get home. It was a touching prayer and I teared up a little. It meant a lot to me.
Saturday was mostly uneventful, except for the lesson we had that evening. We were teaching a girl named Sarah. Craziest thing. We met her a couple weeks ago when we knocked on her door looking for someone else. We gave her a pamphlet and went on our way. Then she went online and requested a Book of Mormon. Our minds were blown when we went to deliver the Book to someone we had already met! So we taught her the restoration and it went REALLY well. Then when we tried to set up a return appointment she said, "Maybe in a month?" Oh. That's a really long time. Anyway, she said she would keep reading the Book of Mormon, so we will pray for her in the meantime.
Yesterday was pretty great. Okay, except for ward council. Remind me to tell you about that on the call, too. But the other meetings were really good. Liliana came to church!!! We didn't get to talk to her very much because of ward council stuff. We had a pretty awesome lesson with her on Friday. She's doing amazing. We also did a member visit to the Nielsens that evening. We adapted it a little because they are also full-time missionaries, but we taught the restoration and the Spirit was so strong. It even leaked out my eyes a little. I'm getting more weepy...
So not a bad week at all. :D I sure love you!!!! I can't wait to talk to you later. Even though we get to do it every week now, I still get super excited.
I LOVE YOU!!!!
❤❤❤❤❤ Sister Fairbanks
(I have a couple more pics on Sister Hunt's phone that I'll send later.)
P.S. OH MY GOSH I forgot to tell you that ELDER CHRISTOFFERSON IS COMING THIS SATURDAY!!!! We get to have a missionary meeting with him and I am just a LITTLE EXCITED!!!!!!!!
Here's the group email:
Good Morning!!
Welcome to the final transfer of my mission! Absolutely bonkers. I can't believe this is the last one. But I'm not done yet! I still have a solid six weeks to go and I am so excited.
Transfers happened and dear Sister Sessions left us for another area and a new companion. It was hard to say goodbye to her, but that's how it goes. Sister Hunt and I are here to stay in Ithaca to keep working with these amazing people. I'm so excited to be in Ithaca for my final area.
This week I had a few special experiences with the Spirit. I think He was sent to remind me that this is all true, that Heavenly Father is aware of all of His children, including me, and that this life is wonderful.
We got to see Harold and Melissa again this week! It has been a while since we've seen them and I just love them. They are still doing so well and we're excited that they continue to love the Book of Mormon. We also got to start teaching an little girl named Madison and college student named Sarah. Meeting both of them happened through some cool miracles and I'm so grateful for each of them.
I got a little teary-eyed as we taught the restoration to the senior couple last night. That doesn't hardly ever happen, but the Spirit was just so full that it leaked out my eyes a bit. I know this is true. I KNOW the gospel is true, that our Heavenly Father is aware of us, and that He is here to guide us through our journey back to Him.
Have a fantastic week!
Sister Fairbanks

Comments