The Truth, and Nothing but the Truth...
...no matter how pathetic. Okay this is totally gonna sound like plea for pity, but I promise I just need some input, really. I just don't want to spend one more year with the same habits now that Becca has gone back to school again. What habits? Well, at least this year I have been getting up with her so we can have scripture study before Ryan leaves, but then when Bec is gone, I revert back to the old habits - sleeping half the day away, ignoring my chores, being a total slug. I know I should just call one of the girls from my ward and do something, but what? I don't know how to be a friend anymore. I think it stems from years of battling depression and being burned badly by my best friend years ago, among other things. I think we're on top of the whole depression thing now, but I am left with some very bad habits and thought patterns that I am dying to replace.
People in the ward are so nice to us, have had us over for dinner and stuff like that, but I find that I am a TOTAL coward when it comes to reciprocating. I still have this old voice that says 'They've already got people they hang out with,' 'They would only be saying yes because they don't know how to tell you they aren't really interested,' 'There must be something odd about you that turns people off,' stuff like that. I wonder if everyone must think I'm too busy or I'm a snob because I don't ever initiate anything. I don't think I am... just a ginormous coward.
So, anyway...I think that's pathetic enough for one day. But, hey, it's out there now. Suggestions are welcome.

Comments
I have always been one that was the first to invite new members of the ward over for dinner and planning social get togethers. i loved being social and I love just getting to know other people and what makes them tick. I feel so bad that we never really had you guys over and not that this is an excuse, but, I really always just thought you were to busy and probally doing something with your family cause you guys are so close. I totally think the best thing is to put yourself out there, it is so hard at first but adventually it is second nature. On the other hand, since being here in Kentucky, I have reverted back to some bad habits and have found it really hard to put myself out there and meet people and have dinners or girls night out. I am certain that this post was for me, to get me out of my slump and start putting myself out there again. Good luck, you are such an amazing women and you have so much to offer anyone in a friendship.
And then. I feel like a TOTAL bad daughter of God and your basic variety of schmuck. I've been wondering for awhile if you've wanted to go with us and stuff and just never acted on it. So I apologize to you AND to my Heavenly Father for not answering your prayers. I'm a total shmuck and will be better! You are awesome! Love ya
Ok! now all you girls who each feel the same way, GET TOGETHER!!! You have so much to share with each other!!
It's obvious that you need each other! Go for a walk, do some scrapbooking (blogs are easier but not as much fun!) take turns hostessing for lunch, work on Christmas projects, have a movie day. It's wonderful for your mental health! Girls need girlfriends!
Get dressed and out of the house while the weather is beautiful!
Love ya!
Mom (the other one)