Week 54: Two Sick Sisters...
So, remember how I mentioned that the Sisters have been getting a lot of bugs in the apartment? Well, apparently the girls sprayed their apartment with the wrong bug spray and got sick for a few days... ๐ณ๐ณ๐ณ They're going to be fine, but I'm glad they figured out their mistake!
Then the missionaries got an email on April 15th informing them that Elder Christofferson, a man we sustain as an Apostle of Jesus Christ, would be visiting them in a few days! ... And then a few hours after we spoke to Becca that same day, they got another email notifying them that that meeting had been canceled. ๐๐ Darn!
While we were texting, I had to tell Sister Fairbanks about the Notre Dame fire that was burning right that minute, and we cried together. I'm so grateful that they were able to save as much of it as they did! I think that was quite a miracle, considering they didn't expect that they would be able to save any of it at one point. Tender mercies. ๐
Everything else is in the group email below:
Good Morning!!
This week was good! Spring is here! The grass is getting green and the trees are little fuzzy.
We had an awesome lesson with Bonnie this week! We taught her the Word of Wisdom. She said it wasn't as bad as she was expecting, haha. Then when we asked her if she would live it she said, "You know, I think I will! I'm excited." She's amazing! Bonnie has been accepting the gospel so quickly.
We had some really good lessons with Lauren, Karen, and Madison this week, too. I really love the people that we get to be friends with. We also saw Jay this week and he came to church with us yesterday! It turns out that one of the members in our branch was one of his teachers in high school. He was so excited to see someone that he knew! They had a great time reconnecting and Jay made a few new friends at church as well. It was exciting to see him so excited about church.
I feel like I've used the word "excited" a bunch in this email. But I'm also excited about Easter this weekend!! We get to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior and rejoice in the fact that we will all be resurrected some day! I love Easter and spring. It brings me the same joy that I have when I remember that Jesus has done everything for me. For all of us. I hope you all have a happy Easter!! ๐ค๐ท❤
Sister Fairbanks
1 - beautiful sunsets are coming back
Then the missionaries got an email on April 15th informing them that Elder Christofferson, a man we sustain as an Apostle of Jesus Christ, would be visiting them in a few days! ... And then a few hours after we spoke to Becca that same day, they got another email notifying them that that meeting had been canceled. ๐๐ Darn!
While we were texting, I had to tell Sister Fairbanks about the Notre Dame fire that was burning right that minute, and we cried together. I'm so grateful that they were able to save as much of it as they did! I think that was quite a miracle, considering they didn't expect that they would be able to save any of it at one point. Tender mercies. ๐
Everything else is in the group email below:
Good Morning!!
This week was good! Spring is here! The grass is getting green and the trees are little fuzzy.
We had an awesome lesson with Bonnie this week! We taught her the Word of Wisdom. She said it wasn't as bad as she was expecting, haha. Then when we asked her if she would live it she said, "You know, I think I will! I'm excited." She's amazing! Bonnie has been accepting the gospel so quickly.
We had some really good lessons with Lauren, Karen, and Madison this week, too. I really love the people that we get to be friends with. We also saw Jay this week and he came to church with us yesterday! It turns out that one of the members in our branch was one of his teachers in high school. He was so excited to see someone that he knew! They had a great time reconnecting and Jay made a few new friends at church as well. It was exciting to see him so excited about church.
I feel like I've used the word "excited" a bunch in this email. But I'm also excited about Easter this weekend!! We get to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior and rejoice in the fact that we will all be resurrected some day! I love Easter and spring. It brings me the same joy that I have when I remember that Jesus has done everything for me. For all of us. I hope you all have a happy Easter!! ๐ค๐ท❤
Sister Fairbanks
1 - beautiful sunsets are coming back

Comments