Okay, here's more.

Sooo.....I guess I have been neglecting my blog.  Well, why not?  I've been neglecting everything else, too, so why should my blog be any different.  I know, I've had a pretty good excuse, but I still feel a little guilty.  This "morning sickness" thing is new to me, so I haven't been coping as well with that as maybe I should be, but I often think it's more than that.  I feel like such a lazy bum.  My laundry is piling up, my house is a mess, my poor hubby and daughter have been fending for themselves pretty much, and the baby's not even close to being here yet!  Okay, so I could pity-party forever here, but I won't.  I guess this blog is bound to become somewhat of a pregnancy journal for a little while, so bear with me.

Ryan is my hero.  I love him so much and I just can't tell you how much of a strength he is to me.  One day, I hope we will be blessed with words to express feelings like these.

Okay, so I had the weirdest day yesterday.  I had the usual slow morning, trying to pull myself together for at least part of the day, and was a little late to the Arts Council meeting at Golden Corral.  I fought the queasies a little during the meeting, but I made it through.  I was even feeling pretty cute in my cool new maternity clothes.  I came home for a little nap, and set my alarm to wake me at 2:50 p.m. so I could get up and drive to Roosevelt to meet Ryan and sign closing papers on our house refinance (yay! for conventional loans with lower rates!).  Well, I have been having to have very small, frequent meals, so I knew after my nap I would need something to munch on, so I grabbed a couple of slices of shaved deli ham for protein, then thought I would pour some V8 fruit juice to take with me.  This is where the fun began.

As I took the cap off of the V8, it slipped out of my hands and landed on its bottom on the tile.  The juice exploded out of it like it was some kind of volcano!  Then it tipped over on its side an continued to pour out while I just stood there, soaking wet and watching it leak out, like a dummy.  So much for feeling cute.  I wish I had taken a pic of my kitchen for the blog, but I was to flustered to think.  Ry and I just found more spots on the ceiling, though, so he got a good laugh even though he never saw the whole mess.  

So, after I got through mopping up the mess and changed my clothes, I was running late.  I grabbed the rest of the juice and the Wheat Thins and hit the road.  I realized I needed to gas up the truck, so I swung into Smith's to make a quick stop and drove right over the curb that divides the in lane and the out lane.  The curb is a foot tall!  I just about hit my head on the ceiling of the truck.  I know at least two carloads of people saw me - hopefully they didn't know me.  I laughed so hard - I think I was trying not to cry.  I wondered if I should even be driving.  At least the truck still drives straight.

Then, when I finally got on the road headed for Roosevelt, I got sick, and I was miles away from any bathroom.  I prayed myself to Ute Petroleum, but it made me a couple of minutes later for our appointment.  Still, the appointment went well, but my checkbook fell out of my purse in the bathroom there, which I didn't discover till I was back in Vernal.  How did I discover my missing checkbook?  Well, I was searching for the pen that I keep in the checkbook to write down the insurance info of the dude who hit me!

Yes, folks, I was rear-ended at the first stop light on the way back into town.  I wasn't hurt, and the car is not that bad, but I still had to wait for the cops to file a report, which was gonna make me late for Becca's soccer game.  Ryan was counting on me to get the game started, because he still had to stop at UPS and send off the days work.  So, I called my dad and asked him to get Becca and take her to her soccer game and get the girls started, but I neglected to tell him that Becca was not with me, but at home, across the street from his house!  So, he drove all the way up town to get her, making the natural assumption that she would be with me, 'cuz she usually is.  By the time we straightened out that mix up, the accident report was finished, so I called Dad's cell and told him I would get Becca, and thanks for trying to help.  So, Bec and I were late to the game, but one of the other Dad's got them going for us, so it was fine. 

This all happened in about two hours time.  I was tempted to never leave my couch ever again, but then there was the last straw...  As I sat relaxing last night after this crazy day, a spider fell out of my hair...   No, I'm not kidding.  So, you will understand why the last thing I had to say on my way to bed last night was "I QUIT!"

Comments

I guess after days like that you can usually assume that the next day will be better. I sure hope it is. Sorry to hear about the morning sickness. That is no fun at all. Hopefully it will only last a little longer and then you should feel pretty good for a month or two, until you get miserable again. The joys of pregnancy. It's all worth it though. Have a great day!
Tara L. said…
I hope you had a better day today. I am so sorry to hear about your crazy day. I'm glad I am not the only one who has crazy days. I feel your pain about the morning sickness. Pregnancy is not fun, but it will be so worth it once that little one is in your arms.
Anonymous said…
That is hilarious! Not to laugh at your pain....but someone's got to! ;) Yes, I think we're given those days sometimes so we DON'T feel guilty about just staying home!!!! ;) Maybe it was the tight pantyhose again?! (ha ha!)
Mandy said…
Oh Brooke!!

I am sorry to laugh, but I just have too!!!!! The funniest part was driving the truck up on the curb. I can totally see you giggling at yourself!

Anyway, sorry. I feel like that crap happens to me all of the time.

Love ya!
Tari said…
Oh Brooke I've been there before but at the end of the day I just want to cry, I'm glad to hear you were laughing at your self. Just think you can always look back on this day and laugh at all the crazy things that took place on the one day you got you self up off the couch.
When it rains it poors i guess. Hope your next few days get better.

Popular Posts