Week 11: Another trip to the zoo!

I'm glad these ladies get a little time to relax now and then.  And I'm glad that Becca is still sounding so good!  It's such a nice change from the last transfer.  There wasn't a whole lot different in her letter to me, which I think is a good sign.  I did laugh at her advice to me, though: Have an AWESOME week! Take it easy when you can and kick butt when you need to.

Here's the group email (bonus points if you spot the typo that had Ryan laughing out loud!):

Hello all! 

This was wonderful and happy and springy... and all the good things! Sister Rawlinson and I are working hard and finding miracles along the way! 

Last week we went to the zoo again, haha! I've never been to a zoo twice in one month, but now I have and we had a blast! Sister Rawlinson loves animals and she was like a little kid all day long. I was awesome! We also had six of us sisters together this time and it was a riot. And it rained, which always makes for a good day in my book. :D 

This week we had some good success in finding people to teach. We starting teaching a former investigator and set her on date to be baptized in July. She seems super excited, but is also kind of flaky on appointments and commitments... so we're going to keep working hard and give her the best chance possible to make the decision and big step of being baptized. We love her and we know that this gospel will bring her a lot of the peace she is looking for in life, so we'll see how it goes. 

The elders in our ward had two baptisms this weekend! It was very exciting! We made brownies for the occasion and I so enjoyed being at the baptismal service. The Spirit in the room is amazing as these people make these promises to God. What a marvelous work I get to be a part of. 

Okie dokie! I hope you all have a great week! I'll write down a neat story from this week so I can share it next week. Love you all! 

Sister Fairbanks

1 - the zoo group
2 - Sister Rawlinson and me <3 font="">
3 - The obvious theatre nerds of the group ;)





Comments

Popular Posts