Week 16: A dog bite, a transfer, and a baptism--Oh, my!
So, that's what every Mom loves to read about--a dog bite... In her group email, she sent a picture of the wound all covered by a bandage. In her email to me, she sent me a pic of the wound without the bandage. It's actually pretty deep! Part of me hopes she drop-kicked that little menace of a dog into next Tuesday. *regathering composure* *ooooooohhmmm*
Sounds like she and Sister Larsen have connected well, though, and she's going to love Oneida! That makes me happy. Here are some extra pics she sent to me: a llama pillow she received as a gift from a sister in Liverpool, her new friend Ken, and the hole in her luggage... (Lesson learned: Just because it's luggage doesn't mean it can stand up to the beating that missionaries will give it when they're moving every six weeks or so... "bargain" *sigh* Yay for Amazon, though, 'cuz I'll ship her a new suitcase ASAP.)
Sounds like she and Sister Larsen have connected well, though, and she's going to love Oneida! That makes me happy. Here are some extra pics she sent to me: a llama pillow she received as a gift from a sister in Liverpool, her new friend Ken, and the hole in her luggage... (Lesson learned: Just because it's luggage doesn't mean it can stand up to the beating that missionaries will give it when they're moving every six weeks or so... "bargain" *sigh* Yay for Amazon, though, 'cuz I'll ship her a new suitcase ASAP.)
Hello all!
Well, I had a very eventful week! So to start of the week I got bit by a dog, that was exciting! We had just knocked on the last door of the street when this little terror came running around the corner just furious. He sniffed Sister Rawlinson and then came over and took a nice chomp on my calf, haha! Sure it hurt, but I find it more hilarious than anything. It's healing nicely but maybe I'll get a nice scar and then I could tell people that I got bit by a dog on my mission!
Well on Wednesday I said goodbye to some of my new friends and family (including the incredible Sister Rawlinson) in Liverpool and headed to Oneida to be with Sister Larsen! She's a sweetheart and a great cook. I'm really liking Oneida so far. We live on the second floor of this huge old home and I find these old houses enchanting.
We had a baptism on Saturday! Keith is an awesome guy and he is one of the newest members of the church. He looked so happy! I'm excited to get to know him more. So, you can't have a baptism without on hiccup, at least. Sister Larsen and I followed the instruction on the font nozzles, but that apparently made the water WAY too hot!! We had to wait for a minute while they ran some cold water so we didn't cook them alive, haha! What a memory.
Love you all!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - Sister Larsen, Keith, and me
2 - the bandaged wound ;)



Comments