Week 13: Bearing testimony and singing again

Here's some of her email to me on June 25, for some extra entertainment:

Fun fact! I haven't gotten the hiccups a single time since I left home. Isn't that weird??? However, my stomach is a raging monster. It growled so loud during district meeting that the elder that was up front teaching heard it! TWICE! HAHA! (She gets that from her mom...😂)

Hey, remember how you learned and have told me several times that when you start something new to give it 90 days to give it a real chance? Well, it has been 90 days today! And I think I like being a missionary. Like a lot. :) 

How did "miracle week" go? Are ya ready for opening night? Break a leg, I hope it is just so much fun! Give my love to Brian and Poppa and Nona and the cast! I love them all! 

So since last transfer was so hard and awkward I haven't been singing as much. I didn't sing at all at the beginning. No singing in the shower or while doing chores. I would sing at church and stuff, but not really for fun or to lift my mood. But the other night my allergies slammed me and I had told Sister Rawlinson at some point that singing can clear your sinuses. Also that I haven't been singing lately. I think there is some residual yuck from "that" transfer. Well, Sister Rawlinson almost forced me (not really, haha) to sing with her the other night. I was kind of irked at first, but it reminded me how good singing is for the soul. And for your sinuses. So, I am happy to report that I am singing again which should mean I'm almost back to normal. (Wait, what's normal? ;) I forgot how much I love it. 


And here's the group email:


Good Morning! 

Wow, what a week. It's been interesting to say the least. :D

Monday I had a pretty intense experience while tracting, but you'll have to wait till the end of my letter for that one. ;) Tuesday we walked all afternoon to try a couple of former investigators. We walked six miles, which isn't a ton, but when you drive everywhere most of the time it is a lot. We got some pretty sweet blisters, haha! And sunburns. Tuesday and Wednesday we got to see Mary again! It's been hard to get a hold of her and see her because her life keeps getting turned upside down when she starts progressing towards baptism again. But we're not about to give up! She is the greatest! 

Best day ever!! On Wednesday night we drove down to Syracuse and Garnet was baptized!! I only taught him a couple of times before he moved to Syracuse and the Elders took over teaching, but I was so excited to see him be baptized! I had the privilege of speaking during the service as well. He was so excited! It was a wonderful evening! 

Then we stayed the night in Syracuse with our Sister Training Leaders for exchanges. It was a fun time! I always love serving with other missionaries because everyone's teaching style is so different. I even go to pick where we went tracting one afternoon, none other than Bradford Drive. Love you Uncle Brad. ;) And then I spent two hours driving around crazy Syracuse because neither the GPS nor Google could find the place we were meeting the other sisters for dinner. So we missed dinner and I was pretty sick of the city. :D I was pretty happy that night to be "home" in Liverpool. I love where I live. 

Okay, tracting story. We knocked on a born-again Christian's door and one of the first thing out of his mouth was "I don't want to be offensive..." which means that he's about to slam the church. He was actually kind of calm about it, even though he thought Mormons were pretty twisted. Later in the conversation we figured out that he had some misconceptions and he was glad to hear they weren't true. Anyway, he was talking about how the only important thing is that our hearts are centered in Jesus and then we'll be saved. Then he basically turned to us and said, "So what about you? What are your feelings about Jesus, huh?" Right then everything seemed to get very quiet, and because I was kind of the one leading our conversation it was my privilege and honor to bear testimony of Jesus Christ. I told him that I love Christ with all of my heart and that my faith is founded in Him and nothing else. I love my Lord and Savior and I'm incredibly and eternally grateful for him. As I spoke I didn't even have to think about the words. They just came, and in that moment I didn't notice anything else except for the truly awesome love I have for my Savior. After that experience I felt renewed and those feeling will probably last for a long time. It was a powerful experience and I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost and His influence. Wow. 

Never forget the Savior and His love for each of you. I know He lives. 
Have a fantastic week and don't forget to laugh a lot. I mean A LOT. :D 

Love, 
Sister Fairbanks

1 - Rain!

Comments

Popular Posts