Week 17: When it rains, it pours! (video)
I forgot to mention last week that I got the sweetest handwritten letter from Becca. I had to laugh out loud when she admitted to gaining 15 pounds! 😂😂😂 We knew she couldn't remain unreasonably thin forever! Sounds like she's learning how the rest of the world lives.
Nothing much new this week, which basically makes me figure that things are going well for her. She sent me a pic of herself holding a container of mango juice that she found at the dollar store, because it's the brand that we were served in our lunches multiple times when we were in Peru together a couple of years ago. I'm glad she found it! I'd seen it in the dollar store here, but it didn't occur to me to tell her to look for some out there. Here's the pic:
Hello all!
Nothing much new this week, which basically makes me figure that things are going well for her. She sent me a pic of herself holding a container of mango juice that she found at the dollar store, because it's the brand that we were served in our lunches multiple times when we were in Peru together a couple of years ago. I'm glad she found it! I'd seen it in the dollar store here, but it didn't occur to me to tell her to look for some out there. Here's the pic:
Hello all!
It's been a great week here in New York! Always adventurous.... except I can't remember what happened most of the week, haha! What I do remember is getting caught in an epic rain storm last Monday. It came so suddenly and just dumped! Now, I love the rain so I was just laughing... until lightning was cracking right over our heads. I have never been that close and it was terrifying! We were walking around downtown without out car so we had to call the senior couple that lives nearby to take us home. We hopped in the car and Elder Roach said, "You look like a couple of drowned rats!" Thanks Elder Roach. ;) (I attached a video with some thunder. I was WAY louder than that earlier in the storm, but it's a glimpse. Hopefully the link works.)
The rest of the week was pretty average. Lots of walking and talking to people. We meet some really amazing people out here. I am in awe every day.
I am also in awe at seeing the hand of the Lord. This is His work, to bring souls the joy and blessings that He offers. I love it.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Sister Fairbanks

Comments