Week 15: Hello President Vest--and so long Liverpool!

Becca's email to me was pretty short on July 9th.  She had transfers on the brain, so I'm sure she couldn't think of much else.  But she did send me a few blurry pics that she didn't include with her group email, so here they are!

1 - car selfie
2 - check out the BoM box I made, haha. Looks great when I walk around with "popcorn" all day!
3 - This is Nancy that we spent so much time with! Love her! 






Good Morning! 

This week was pretty good! Very eventful! On Tuesday we got to meet our new mission president! President and Sister Vest and their five kiddos came to our zone to introduce themselves and meet all of us. They are the coolest! Their five kids range in age from 6 to 16 and they were so excited and adorable. President and Sister Vest are so loving! I'm very excited to see this transition happen because it will affect a lot of things in the mission. 

The rest of our week was filled with random acts of service and plenty of tracting. :) The Fourth of July was HOT but good. We even got a good American dinner from Mary! : burgers and hotdogs of course. Then our celebration that night consisted of eating a pint of ice cream in our PJs, hehe. 

Okie dokie! Transfer news! So Sister Rawlinson and I both thought that I would be staying in Liverpool for at least one more transfer, but I'm leaving! She will be staying to train a new missionary here in Liverpool and I'm headed off to Oneida! It's only about half an hour away from where I am now, but I'll be in a new zone. I'll be companions with Sister Larsen. I've never met her but I'm sure we'll have fun and work hard! Crazy! 

Now I have to pack everything up and saw goodbye to so many people that I have grown to love so much. It's most likely that I won't see many of them again unless I come and visit after my mission is finished. I'll especially miss Mary and hope and pray that she will get baptized soon. She is SO amazing and I really love her. I'll miss Sister Rawlinson, too! We've only been together for six weeks but she is such a blessing in my life. Well, on to new adventures! 

We read a scripture during a lesson last night that I adored and would love to share. It's in the Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 22:2: "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." It's so joyous! I love my Savior! 

Love you all! 
Sister Fairbanks

Comments

Popular Posts