Week 12: So long, President Rogers!

SOOOOO...  I've gotten way behind during Outlaw Trail Theater season!  Whoops!!  We just closed a successful run of "Into the Woods," so I'm going to play catch-up now (my least favorite game ever). I've decided to keep Becca's letters in separate blog posts, though, instead of one big catch-up post, so brace yourselves.

This email is from June 18th, and what she didn't mention in her group email was that there is a creepy guy at church who'd been getting way to close.  Bec said she has to remind herself, "Always, dignity," (a Singin' in the Rain reference 😉), but I told her to alert the Bishop and forget about dignity if that guy got too close...  Grrr. 😡


Good Morning! 

Let's see, this week I got mauled by a cat, had a snowball fight, said goodbye to our mission president and had our last zone conference with him, held a dove, went for a run, made 50 cookies, moved someone to her new apartment, and testified always of Jesus Christ. Whew! It's been a long week. 

Another cool experience we had was sharing the Restoration with a young guy outside his home. He had learned from sisters in the past but had stopped. We were able to contact him again and he seems interested. As I recited the First Vision there was an interruption. It made me think of something on of my teachers told me a long time ago about missions. He said that when he was on his mission every time he was reciting Joseph Smith's own words there was always a distraction; dogs would start barking, babies would start crying, there would be commotion on the streets, something, anything that would pull someone's attention away from the importance of the story. It testified to him, as it does to me, the power there is in Joseph's own words and if we push through the distraction, the Spirit of the Lord can come unto the hearts of the people who will listen. So cool. 

So we said goodbye to our mission president because his three years of service in ending. He will be leaving in 12 days and we will be getting a new mission president. I can count on one hand how many times I have met with or been around President Rogers, but I love him. He is a wonderful, kind person who made an impact on my life in these short weeks. The authority of his holy calling gave him the knowledge and understanding to help me through these first rocky weeks, all the while taking care of 150 other missionaries, or "children" running around upstate New York. ;) 

Life is awesome. Missions are so great. Jesus is my favorite. :) Have an awesome week! 
Sister Fairbanks

1 - Jack the magic dove
2 - President and Sister Rogers 


Comments

Popular Posts