Week 67: Busy and happy!
We've been on the road this week, so the blog post is late. While we were driving to Denver, we actually stopped in Silverthorne, CO, to have our video chat with Sister Fairbanks on Monday. It was a good visit, while we ate our lunch in the car where we wouldn't disturb other diners with our chatting.
Anyway, we're on the road again tomorrow morning, so I'll be brief and just post what I can of my email and her group email. Ciao!
Hi Mom!!
Sounds like a pretty fun week. Summer is just the best!...
Tuesday we had a good lesson with Eric! He is still praying about baptismal date, and so are we. He hasn't decided yet but we told him what we felt when we prayed about it. The 10th of August seems like a really good day and when we explained why to him he replied over text "I feel so much love right now." Good, that's the idea. :)
Wednesday was great. Wicked hot while we walked around in the afternoon, but it was worth it. We met a cute mom named Liliana! She is from Colombia and has two tiny kids. She doesn't speak a whole lot of English, but we taught her the restoration as simply as we could. She took an English Book of Mormon and we brought her a Spanish copy on Friday. I'm super excited to continue teaching her. That evening we had dinner with a member, set a return appointment with a less-active member, took some pictures by the pretty trees, and had a lesson with Jim. I don't know if I have mentioned Jim yet. He's pretty cool, just stubborn. :) He understands the priesthood authority, but thinks that God is content with him the way he is. He's super close sometimes. Oh Jim. We are just going to keep [reminding] him that there are greater blessings than he could ever imagine waiting for him.
Thursday we had a couple of lessons and then we drove to meet up with the Painted Post sisters for exchanges! I went to Painted Post with two missionaries, Sister Geddes and Sister Mahaffey. I was nervous about being in a trio with two trainees, but they are fantastic! It helps that their trainer, Sister Black, is so awesome. We had a ton of fun! They were asking me tons of questions because compared to a couple of months, fifteen months is a really long time and so they thought I must have some sagely advice for missionary work, haha. We had some fun lessons that night and they work really well together, so I just kind of sat back and observed. It was fun!
Friday morning we served at a care center ... But we did get to meet a lady who is 105 years old! She is completely blind but her mind is all there! She was so so sweet. :) Then we drove and exchanged back. Ithaca is definitely home right now. We had a really cool lesson with Chen that night about preparing for the temple to receive his endowment and I just love talking about the temple. :D
Saturday was pretty cool. We had another lesson with Jamie and Maylea that went well. We taught them a short restoration and Jamie was listening so intently. He's getting it and it's pretty cool to watch. That night we did a lot of walking, so that was fun. When we came home that night we made a little test lava cake to see if it would work for a member's birthday the next day. I burnt my arm on the oven so I have a pretty sweet mark now that might scar. It's not huge. It blistered today. So that's cool. :)
...It was a great week! We taught a lot of people and it was just so much fun. Ithaca is hoppin'! Sister Sessions and I have a ton of fun together. I'm just super happy. :D
Can't wait to talk to you today! Hope you drive safely!!
Anyway, we're on the road again tomorrow morning, so I'll be brief and just post what I can of my email and her group email. Ciao!
Hi Mom!!
Sounds like a pretty fun week. Summer is just the best!...
Tuesday we had a good lesson with Eric! He is still praying about baptismal date, and so are we. He hasn't decided yet but we told him what we felt when we prayed about it. The 10th of August seems like a really good day and when we explained why to him he replied over text "I feel so much love right now." Good, that's the idea. :)
Wednesday was great. Wicked hot while we walked around in the afternoon, but it was worth it. We met a cute mom named Liliana! She is from Colombia and has two tiny kids. She doesn't speak a whole lot of English, but we taught her the restoration as simply as we could. She took an English Book of Mormon and we brought her a Spanish copy on Friday. I'm super excited to continue teaching her. That evening we had dinner with a member, set a return appointment with a less-active member, took some pictures by the pretty trees, and had a lesson with Jim. I don't know if I have mentioned Jim yet. He's pretty cool, just stubborn. :) He understands the priesthood authority, but thinks that God is content with him the way he is. He's super close sometimes. Oh Jim. We are just going to keep [reminding] him that there are greater blessings than he could ever imagine waiting for him.
Thursday we had a couple of lessons and then we drove to meet up with the Painted Post sisters for exchanges! I went to Painted Post with two missionaries, Sister Geddes and Sister Mahaffey. I was nervous about being in a trio with two trainees, but they are fantastic! It helps that their trainer, Sister Black, is so awesome. We had a ton of fun! They were asking me tons of questions because compared to a couple of months, fifteen months is a really long time and so they thought I must have some sagely advice for missionary work, haha. We had some fun lessons that night and they work really well together, so I just kind of sat back and observed. It was fun!
Friday morning we served at a care center ... But we did get to meet a lady who is 105 years old! She is completely blind but her mind is all there! She was so so sweet. :) Then we drove and exchanged back. Ithaca is definitely home right now. We had a really cool lesson with Chen that night about preparing for the temple to receive his endowment and I just love talking about the temple. :D
Saturday was pretty cool. We had another lesson with Jamie and Maylea that went well. We taught them a short restoration and Jamie was listening so intently. He's getting it and it's pretty cool to watch. That night we did a lot of walking, so that was fun. When we came home that night we made a little test lava cake to see if it would work for a member's birthday the next day. I burnt my arm on the oven so I have a pretty sweet mark now that might scar. It's not huge. It blistered today. So that's cool. :)
...It was a great week! We taught a lot of people and it was just so much fun. Ithaca is hoppin'! Sister Sessions and I have a ton of fun together. I'm just super happy. :D
Can't wait to talk to you today! Hope you drive safely!!
Good Morning!
It was another beautiful week here in Ithaca! We had tons happening and it was a lot of fun.
Tuesday we had a good lesson with Eric! He is still praying about baptismal date, and so are we. He hasn't decided yet but we told him what we felt when we prayed about it. The 10th of August seems like a really good day and when we explained why to him he replied over text "I feel so much love right now." That is my very favorite part of missionary work. I do love these people and I love helping them feel the love that God has for them.
Wednesday was great. Twas wicked hot while we walked around in the afternoon, but it was worth it. We met a cute mom named Liliana! She is from Colombia and has two tiny kids. She doesn't speak a whole lot of English, but we taught her the restoration as simply as we could. She took an English Book of Mormon and we brought her a Spanish copy on Friday. I'm super excited to continue teaching her.
We had exchanges on Thursday and Friday. I went to Painted Post with Sister Geddes and Sister Mahaffey and we had a ton of fun! They are really great missionaries and they have some awesome people they are working with.
A ton of other stuff happened too, but it's really hard to put it all down! My emails are the teeniest glimmer, even my loads of journals that I write in daily don't catch it all. I love being a missionary. :D
Have a great week! Love you all!
❤ Sister Fairbanks




Comments