Blood Sugar

See my new best friend/worst enemy?  I've been having to test my blood sugar for the last month because I was passing sugar in my urine (TMI - I know) at a doctor's appt.  They couldn't figure it out because that was the day I had my glucose test and I passed with flying colors.  But they sent me home with one of these anyway.  So, I did half a dozen random tests, and they were normal every time, until the day before my next appt.  The weird thing is that the weird result happened after eating sugar, but my blood sugar went DOWN!  

So, I was still passing sugar this week, even though my test was normal again, so they asked me to keep testing for the next two weeks.  Now, I've been gritting my teeth and testing much more often, and it seems like any little bit of sugar sends my count way up (so, go figure on the low result before).  I hate this.  So do my fingers.  But I will do whatever it takes to make sure this baby is healthy.

The other thing that stinks is that the solution, diet-wise, would be to eat more fruits and veggies, fewer processed carbs.  But I happen to be ALLERGIC to raw fruits and veggies.  Like, I-could-keel-over allergic.  So, my diet just got more complicated.  What's left you say?  I dunno.  Meat.  Actually, I can have cooked veggies and whole grain products (I think).  But wouldn't it be nice to be able to grab an apple or a handful of baby carrots?  *SIGH*

Well, I ran out of test strips this a.m., so at least my fingers will get a break till I make it back to the store.  In the meantime, I'm going to take a nap.  This whole up and down the sugar scale thing is very tiring.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohhhh! Poor mommy I hope you get better so your fingers don't hurt. Love you. (oh yah can I have a sleepover with Ali?)
Anonymous said…
Hey...we totally know your pain! Just be glad this will (cross your fingers) all be over when she gets here! Unlike Jason....that's stuck with it for life! Sigh!!! Hey...we have test strips you can have! ;)
Geier's said…
try your arm, less pain... lots of blood. Wish I could help, but my food usually has lots and lots of stuff that can send u through the roof, if you need stuff let me know.
Anonymous said…
I can't believe how brave you are--I could never do the " stab your finger" thing. I'm sure it will all go away when the pregnancy ends-Happily!!! Hang in there!!

Popular Posts