Week 47: A week late...

So, I'm posting this one a week late... My computer has been so stupidly slow lately that I have been avoiding it.  Here's a little excerpt from Sister Fairbanks's letter to me from last week:

Hi Mom! 

Sounds like a good week. I had a good one too! It lasted a thousand years, but it was good. 

...We are emailing snuggly from our beds this morning because the power is out. We're in the middle of a huge windstorm. Our heat needs to turn back on like right now. Canton is so cold. Actually, it was warm on Saturday. We pulled out our lighter jackets for the afternoon. It was a balmy 34°! And the sun was shining, so that was nice. Oh, they also cancelled church yesterday because of the freezing rain storm. So we studied for two extra hours instead. Funny thing happened though, the roads were clear and thawed by the time church would have started. For people that are supposed to "know how to handle the winter weather" they cancel things a lot. 

A good chunk of our appointments cancelled on us this week. That was strange. So we ended up walking around Canton a lot. It was still a good week though. We picked up a new investigator. He just moved back from Colorado where he was meeting with sisters. He is so pumped and ready to be baptized. He has a TON of energy. It's going to be hard to keep up with him, haha. ...But I can tell that working with him is going to be awesome. He already calls it "my church." And his parents might be interested in getting involved as well. When we first met his mom she said that she didn't really like religion but she was glad that her son had found it. Then about 5 minutes later she said that she felt like we brought a ray of sunshine into her home. Then by the time we left she was excited to pray with us and said that maybe she would come to church! Wowza. I've never seen someone turn around so fast! So hopefully she will sit in on our lessons. His dad is super nice too. 

...Hey, the power just turned back on. We have heat again! 😂




And here's the group email:

Good Morning! 

My week was soo long. But good! It was a pretty average week. Nothing too crazy or funny happened this week. I mean, every day with Sister Hamblin is hilarious. Our week did include a couple of childish runs through the snow and snowball fights. Haha. 

On Friday we got to meet with a guy named Jay. He has been living in Colorado and met with sister missionaries out there. He just moved back to this area and is so excited to keep learning about the gospel! He has a TON of energy. He even drove all the way to church yesterday before he got our message that church was cancelled because of the ice. Good thing there is always next week. ;)

Saturday got up to 36 degrees in the afternoon, so we put away our big coats and wore only jackets! It was nice and sunny. And pathetic that 36 feels like spring to us, haha! North Country is funny. 

I'm so grateful to be a missionary right now. There is nothing I would rather be doing. I see miracles from God every single day. I have a goal to never overlook them. I hope you all have a great week and see miracles in you life! 

Sister Fairbanks 


Comments

Popular Posts