Week 50: Food and Fun
So, Becca's decided that it's easiest to cut and paste to her group email from the email she sends to me, because then she gets her group email written more quickly. Anyway, that means there was not a whole lot different or new in my email from her, but here are a couple of things she missed in her cut and paste: 😊
On Wednesday after district meeting we stopped by KFC for some lunch. I haven't had KFC since before I left and it was SO good! We absolutely stuffed ourselves. Delicious. But it was also slightly a mistake because we forgot that we had a meal appointment that night with a member family that makes amazing food. So even thought we didn't have room we stuffed ourselves again, haha. It was taco night! And I had just been craving Mexican food. It was so good.
Yesterday we had district (stake) conference. It was amazing! Karen came to church with us and the meeting was amazing. I am spiritually filled. And Karen stayed for the linger longer too! It was great to visit with her. Then we had interviews with President Vest, who also spoke in the conference. I love him. He is so awesome. That evening we were asking a couple members for ginger ale because Vernon was feeling sick. The J's said they had some ginger ale and then invited us to stay for dinner. It was great! They kept it casual and we ate on their couches and visited with them. I love them.
And here's the group email:
My week went by SO fast! I can't believe it's over already! When I woke up this morning, I stayed in bed for a second to try and remember what day it was so I knew what I was getting myself into when I rolled onto the floor to pray. Imagine my joy when I remembered that it is Monday!
Last Tuesday afternoon we had a ton of people to try who have talked to missionaries once or twice and gave us their info, but haven't had a real lesson yet. So we were walking around Canton in the SUN and had a continuous snow ball fight in between doors with the fresh stuff that had fallen the night before. It was awesome. And we got a lot of work done! It was a really good day!
We had a lesson with Lauren and Karen that evening and had so much fun. The lesson went well, and then we were all laughing so hard because Lauren was tired to the point of loopiness. Haha! Classic case of sleep deprivation. She's a really open and honest person anyway, but to have her be super tired was just hysterical. None of what she was saying was making any sense. We were laughing so hard. That's something I didn't entirely expect from my mission: I've made some of the greatest friends. I love these people.
On Thursday we had a really great lesson with Bonnie. She said the opening prayer and said something like, "I'm thankful for you bringing me these sisters that are showing me the way I have been looking for for so long." So cool. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she absolutely loved it. She's pretty cool. I'm excited to keep teaching her.
This week has been so good. And so fast! And this week is transfer week.... we'll find out what our fate is on Tuesday. I'm hoping that Sister Hamblin stays for one more transfer. It's her last transfer before she goes home. Hopefully she wouldn't be sent to a new area for her last six weeks. But who knows!
Have a great week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - after a few snow balls
On Wednesday after district meeting we stopped by KFC for some lunch. I haven't had KFC since before I left and it was SO good! We absolutely stuffed ourselves. Delicious. But it was also slightly a mistake because we forgot that we had a meal appointment that night with a member family that makes amazing food. So even thought we didn't have room we stuffed ourselves again, haha. It was taco night! And I had just been craving Mexican food. It was so good.
Yesterday we had district (stake) conference. It was amazing! Karen came to church with us and the meeting was amazing. I am spiritually filled. And Karen stayed for the linger longer too! It was great to visit with her. Then we had interviews with President Vest, who also spoke in the conference. I love him. He is so awesome. That evening we were asking a couple members for ginger ale because Vernon was feeling sick. The J's said they had some ginger ale and then invited us to stay for dinner. It was great! They kept it casual and we ate on their couches and visited with them. I love them.
And here's the group email:
My week went by SO fast! I can't believe it's over already! When I woke up this morning, I stayed in bed for a second to try and remember what day it was so I knew what I was getting myself into when I rolled onto the floor to pray. Imagine my joy when I remembered that it is Monday!
Last Tuesday afternoon we had a ton of people to try who have talked to missionaries once or twice and gave us their info, but haven't had a real lesson yet. So we were walking around Canton in the SUN and had a continuous snow ball fight in between doors with the fresh stuff that had fallen the night before. It was awesome. And we got a lot of work done! It was a really good day!
We had a lesson with Lauren and Karen that evening and had so much fun. The lesson went well, and then we were all laughing so hard because Lauren was tired to the point of loopiness. Haha! Classic case of sleep deprivation. She's a really open and honest person anyway, but to have her be super tired was just hysterical. None of what she was saying was making any sense. We were laughing so hard. That's something I didn't entirely expect from my mission: I've made some of the greatest friends. I love these people.
On Thursday we had a really great lesson with Bonnie. She said the opening prayer and said something like, "I'm thankful for you bringing me these sisters that are showing me the way I have been looking for for so long." So cool. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she absolutely loved it. She's pretty cool. I'm excited to keep teaching her.
This week has been so good. And so fast! And this week is transfer week.... we'll find out what our fate is on Tuesday. I'm hoping that Sister Hamblin stays for one more transfer. It's her last transfer before she goes home. Hopefully she wouldn't be sent to a new area for her last six weeks. But who knows!
Have a great week!
Sister Fairbanks
1 - after a few snow balls



Comments