New Furniture!!
So I called Ryan and begged. He's such a nice guy...he said "No." (He really is the nicest guy in the world, but I teased him all month about how mean he is, so I couldn't help rubbing it in just a little more:) ) He said I had to wait till we sold the rental house that we have been trying to sell for the last year. Right then, we were in the middle of another potential sale, so I got him to compromise enough to let me put the couches on layaway. Then I waited...
We were supposed to close on the sale of the house yesterday, so we had taken the old stuff to the dump and had the carpets cleaned, and then they bumped the closing till today. Then
today, they bumped it till tomorrow. We've had about 5 tomorrows on this closing, so I hope this one sticks. I went ahead and picked up the couches, because I couldn't deal with sitting on office chairs for very long, and now I can't leave my living room for long. It is so fun to go in and see furnishings that look more like US. This is the first stuff that we've had that WE got to buy and pick out.Here's a pic of the old chair that matched the old couch. You can also see our old green recliner (that didn't recline anymore) in my previous posting about Easter. (bottom pic)
Next time I'll post before and after pics of the rental house we are selling. I hope the pics will do it justice. We put a lot of time into the remodel. But, for now, my bass guitar and I are headed to the living room for a practice session on the new couch...WOOOHOOO!!!! **Doing the happy-couch dance** :)
Comments