Pre-Easter Thoughts
Sorry if the music playing doesn't match this posting. You can stop the music if you wish.This is the picture on our calendar for March (Liz Lemon Swindle, "It is Finished"). I was so startled the first time I came around the corner and saw it after Ryan changed the calendar at the first of the month. My first thought was literally "Oh no! What have they done?", in that millisecond before I realized it was just a painting. I know Easter isn't until next Sunday, but I will be out of town, so I thought I would get a jump on posting my thoughts.
I don't know why we seem to go through cycles of feeling closer and farther away from our Savior, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels closer to Him during this time each year. I'm just so grateful that God loves me, for whatever reason. You know none of us really deserve anything. Everything is a gift, especially the Atonement - our chance to be reconciled to God and return to His presence one day. I try to remember to be grateful everyday for my Savior and all I have been blessed with.
I'll post happier pictures of the Savior later, but I needed to just think about this one for a while and remember what He did for me and for all the people I love, and the ones I have a hard time loving (I have to remember that, too). My life is fuller and richer because of this knowledge, and I hope I will be better at sharing it with the people around me.

Comments
I love this post, I love Easter and there is so much about it that makes me smile, tear, proud, excited, and plain overwhelmed...